- Must Book/Sign In to class prior to arrival.
- Must arrive at least 15-10 minutes prior and no less than 5 minutes prior to class start. Doors are closed and no, entry 5 minutes after class (Class is in session).
- Booking System will close after certain hours or due to fully booked attendance.
- Booking system will lock unlimited class holders out due to longclass absenteeism.
- Class cards and memberships are non-transferable and are non-refundable.
- Membership auto pay change administrative fee applies.
- Booking system will lock unlimited class holders out due to long periods of class absenteeism.
- If late cancel or do not show up for a scheduled class, will be charged late cancellation fee applies.
- Classes may also be temporary/permanently dropped from the schedule due to limited attendance, events and workshops or privet bookings.
- We reserve the right on class cancellations and classes may be canceled due to inclement weather. Announcements will be made on local radio and television stations.
- Makeup classes will be offered for all series classes at the end of the series, but makeup classes will not be offered for ongoing classes.
- Updated class times are available always on our Website.
SKY YOGA SESSIONS
- Requests to reschedule a session must be done 24 hours prior to the appointment time, and will be approved based on instructor availability.
- Any request made after 24 hours will not be honored and the session will be cancelled.
- There are no refunds for approved sessions.
- We reserve the right on rare occasions to provide a substitute instructor if the scheduled Instructor is not available.
SPA & WELLNESS MASSAGE
- Please arrive at least ten minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Membership special rates and packages are available after your first massage, please ask the front desk.
- All booking cancellation and registrations contain a 10% non-refundable administrative fee. Absolutely no, exceptions.
- Same day cancellation will be charged 50% of the scheduled service price.
- If you do not contact us to cancel or do not show up for a scheduled appointment, you will be charged the full price of the service.
PREGNANCY, RECENT INJURIES, OR PARTICULAR UNIQUENESS
Just let the teacher know. They are trained to give modifications for every ‘body’ and will do their utmost to make certain your class is an enjoyable experience. Don’t be shy, we’ve heard it all.
RESTING FROM PRACTICE DURING MENSTRUATION
It is recommended that women take three days of rest – often referred to as “ladies’ holiday” – during their menstrual period for several reasons. The purpose of the menstrual cycle is to prepare the body for pregnancy; when conception does not occur, the thickened lining of the uterus is shed through menstruation.
- One reason to take rest during the menstrual period is that the downward and eliminating flow during this time may be counteracted by inversions such as sarvangasana and sirsasana.
- A second, more subtle, reason is that engaging mula bandha may be more difficult and/or may counteract this downward flow. Without engagement of the bandhas, vigorous practice can be physically unsafe.
- A third, more general, reason is that excessive activity can lead to an irregular menstrual cycle or the cessation of menstruation (amenorrhea).
Menstruation may therefore serve as a convenient time to rest as the body begins the next cycle. Though taking rest is recommended, it remains an individual choice. As the external and internal practice changes over time, the physical and spiritual importance of taking rest for a particular woman may change as well. If a woman decides to observe ladies’ holiday, she is still very much practicing yoga during this time, as yoga is far more than just asana.
When you practice yoga, you are systematically raising the ushna (heat) in the body. If you drink cold water, the ushna will rapidly fall, and this will cause various other reactions. You will become more susceptible to allergic conditions, excess mucus and such things. If you are doing intense asanas and you suddenly drink cold water, you may catch a cold immediately. So never drink water when you are doing asanas. And never go to the bathroom during practice time because you should work out the water in the form of sweat as you may.
SILENCE IS GOLDEN
Please refrain from talking DURING class. Your fellow students are trying to focus, and your teacher is trying to instruct every one of you to their own journey and best abilities. Let this be a peaceful sanctuary, and then hit up the coffee shop to chat and joke about class afterwards! Try to ask questions before, or after class, where we are more than happy to answer.
THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
If you see a spider or ant, just let the teacher know. They are trained in the proper removal of bugs and little friends, so that you will not need to squash one and incur negative karma.
NO SHOES IN THE YOGA ROOM
No shoes ensures a safe, debris-free environment for barefoot yogis. We have ample cubbie space for you to store shoes and other items.
YOGA OM PRACTICE FLOORING
Eco-Friendly Yoga Flooring made from Jute and PER (Polymer Environmental Resin). The natural jute fibers in the flooring offer the strength of conventional fiberglass mesh, yet are decomposed in a landfill. Our flooring has a unique look and feel is created by meshing jute fibers with patented PER, which is phthalate-free and safer. Latex free Jute is a natural vegetable plant that takes only 45 months to grow to maturity, making it a sustainable resource. Jute cleans the air by consuming carbon dioxide, and the leaves are a natural soil conditioner. It’s clearly a smart and naturally beautiful choice for a cleaner and safer environment offered for our students.
Please remember to take your belongings with you after class. Our lost and found is no place for your favorite water bottle.
- Yogis 12 & over may take class solo at The Yoga OM with a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- We have showers / dressing rooms available.
- Mats & Towels are available for $ 2 rental.
- Please take the class that is most appropriate to your level.
- Late Entry: There is a 5 minute grace period for ALL classes. There is NO entry after 5 minutes.
Our bodies need a balance of electrolytes to not feel depleted after exercise, especially in the summertime. Your grocery store will carry Emergen-C, Ultima, or other brands to add to your water. Electrolytes keep muscles from cramping during and after exercise.
EATING BEFORE CLASS
Moving around, twisting, and going upside down are not great activities on a full stomach. If you need a little energy, then have something easily digestible, like a smoothie, or a small snack.
WEAR COMFORTABLE, MODEST CLOTHING
Please dress modestly. Fitted clothes stay in place better than looser items when moving around and going upside down. Shorts must have a long enough inseam to provide appropriate coverage. If your shirt is too baggy, it will flip into your face in forward folds. Wear what you would to exercise in – soft, comfortable, materials with a little stretch in the fabric.
We have mats and towels for rental if necessary. Drink water well before and after class. You may sweat – be prepared, and maybe bring a change of clothes to be comfortable in on your way home / next destination.
CLEANLINESS IS GODLINESS
Please wash your yoga gear regularly for you wellness and to ensure others are not affected by odors. Refrain from using perfume or cologne, as some people may have allergies or asthma. If you’re wondering if you should take a shower before yoga, take one. Fresh sweat on a clean body smells much better than warmed up old sweat.
- We have showers / dressing rooms available